In recent years, vegan restaurants, food trucks, bakeries, and shops have opened in the city and its suburbs, and the vegan options are growing in quantity and quality at vegetarian and omnivore joints. Plus, Vancouver’s burgeoning vegan community is busy organizing events year-round.
There’s almost too much going on to keep track of it all. That’s where Veg Coast (ISSN 2291-9546) comes in.
Launched on October 27, 2012, Veg Coast is a guide to vegan food and culture in and around Vancouver (the one in British Columbia, Canada, in case you’re still wondering). We cover the region’s tastiest animal-friendly bites and latest cruelty-free happenings.
Who we are
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions concerning this site, please contact us.
Where to start
Not sure where to begin? Here’s 10 of our top posts:
- 10 amazing vegan eats in Portland
- 10 things for vegans to do in Vancouver
- 10 ways to make your restaurant more vegan-friendly
- 11 awesome vegan eats in the Pacific Northwest
- Best vegan food blogs in Vancouver
- Best vegan street food in Vancouver
- Celebrating vegan pizza in Vancouver
- Five reasons why 2012 was a great year for vegan foodies in Vancouver
- Nine tasty vegan eats from Vancouver restaurants
- Vegan restaurants and shops in Vancouver